Friday, July 18, 2008

FALSE ALARM

Phew! I went home last night and dashed right in to check on my hat and what Helen may or may not have done to it... it still wasn't completely dry, but looked like it had shrunk back up a little. I figured if it was shrinking, that was a good sign. So I left it overnight, and its PERFECT today! I love it, I am definitely going to make one for myself. Lesson learned... for anyone that is knitting with Malabrigo Silky Merino, it stretches BIG TIME when wet, but shrinks back to normal while it dries! It is also even silkier and softer after blocking! Another lesson learned, don't freak out until your blocked items are dry, it will just add stress induced wrinkles to your face. I will hopefully give it to my aunt tomorrow, and she will enjoy its softness for years to come. Pictures below!


And a big Thank You to Erm for picking the perfect button!

Now I can go enjoy my weekend in peace! You should too!

No comments: