Monday, June 15, 2009

Point of no return?

Well, I finished the Rusted Root. I've tried it on many times and although I try my best to suck in all that I can, it is still skin tight on me. This morning I took the plunge and dunked, rinsed, squeezed, rolled, and pinned in a final attempt to block it and get some more room out of it.
A few weeks ago I was at the craft store and came across my new exciting knitting purchase:

Its a foam kiddie mini golf set! It was on sale for $10. I had been putting things on towels and on top of cookie racks to block them and really was getting sick of it. This was a much more professional alternative. This is what it looks like all set up:
In addition to the foam being a much better and more reliable surface for blocking, how could you be in a bad mood with all those bright colors? Oh, and I apologize for the awful pics, they were taken with my phone. I can't wait to get a new camera.
I was so entertained by all the colors and shapes that I almost forgot how depressing this sweater is.
I mean, its still super cute, and I still love it, but I'm afraid that its going to always be waaaaay too small for me and I'm going to need to give it to someone. Yes, I got gague. No, I didn't try it on as I went, even though it was knitted top down. I had so much faith in my knitting and all that I figured it wasn't worth the effort of taking it off the circ to try it on and then putting it back on. So, I guess I got what was coming to me. Regardless of what happens with this bad boy, I learned a LOT about what I should and shouldn't be doing with my knitting.

And now I need to go for a run and remove myself from the blocking, or I'll just go in there and keep readjusting it.

No comments: