Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Its official

I was going to wait til tomorrow to post this, but I couldn't wait.


I came home and was very excited to see that the Rusted Root was dry. I went about my normal business before unpinning it and putting it on. The anticipation was killing me as I pulled it off my new blocking foam thingie and looked at it with admiration. The stitches are even, the lace is lovely and the color is my favorite color. So I put it on and went downstairs and asked Erm to take a pic for all of you...





Its ridiculous! I should have done this beforehand, maybe it would have saved me the disappointment...



That is a size small tshirt in white. Its a little baggy on me, but you get the picture.



So, my new mission is to find something new to conquer. But, I also have to find someone to give this labor of love to...

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I know the pain of the sweater that does not fit. Was it a gauge accident, or did it shrink? Regardless, it's lovely work and I'm sorry you won't get to wear it.

Bricklyrknitter said...

Thanks Jo... I could have sworn I got gauge, but apparently I didn't? It was small to begin with, before the blocking. Maybe it was always meant for someone else to enjoy :) I WILL knit myself a sweater that fits! I swear!

Knittymuggins said...

I'm so sorry it didn't fit :( I hate those nasty disappointments! Could you maybe undo your cast off and just knit a few more rows so that it would at least be long enough? It might not be that much trouble. If it makes you feel better, mine's a wee bit short too. Hope next time works out better for you!

knittymuggins