Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am an addict.

Ohhhhhhh I have a problem. I'm sure you think its yarn that I'm addicted to, which I am, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Its something more chemical. It comes in a blue jar. It affects Erm. I wish I had it at work with me right now.


I am completely addicted to Vicks VapoRub. Well, I guess I wouldn't say completely, because when I feel healthy I don't use it. But the smallest sniffle and out comes the Vicks. Erm has gotten used to it, and it a little amused by it. Its such a potent smell, especially when you DON'T have a stuffy nose, that even when I sneak it on me before bed, he knows... he knows. I blame my mother, since I remember it being a staple for us when we were sick.

So I have this killer cold right now, and I'm pretty sure its a sinus cold. Yesterday, one whole side of my face was in ridiculous pain. My nose was stuffed to the point that blowing it was useless. My eye hurt. My TEETH hurt. And every now and then, my nose (just on that side!) would start running uncontrollably, which is really aggrevating when blowing your nose is fruitless. So I went online and did some research about my favorite cold remedy... Vicks. I've just been putting it on my chest and throat when I didn't feel good... little did I know I wasn't even touching all the things you can do with it! After reading through everything, I was ready for last night...

I slathered it on the bottom of my feet.

I slathered it on my back.

I slathered it on my chest and throat.

And I put some under my nose, just for good measure.

I also put it on my lips this morning because its 10 degrees outside.

Poor, poor Erm. He told me he could smell me from downstairs. The only thing I didn't do, which I may try tonight, is a more aggressive use for the Vicks for a stuffy nose. I read that if you massage your forehead and temples with it, and cover your head, and sleep with your head slightly elevated, it works wonders for a stuffy nose. I may look like a mummy and smell like a cough drop, but its worth a try, right?

Pray for Erm.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Did you put socks on after you put it on your feet? I have heard that's supposed to work really good!

We've had that same sinus stuff here on the west coast. Dh and I have had it for 12 days now. I had the headache for 4 of those days. Yesterday was the first day he's gone to work since the first Monday he came down with it.

Kelly said...

Brady is also an addict to Vicks when he is sick! I slather it on his feet and then put either his footed pj's on or socks. It works WONDERS!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!