Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My country 'tis of thee...

... sweet land of opportunity!

I couldn't post yesterday because I was way too caught up in everything else going on. I voted in the morning and was on a voter-high all day. I LOVE voting. I know there are lots of people out there who love voting, and NH residents take their voting very, very seriously. We have the priviledge of voting in the first primary, and, it appears that we have become a swing state? So, where its not a given any more that the Granite State goes Republican, its especially exciting.

I hope everyone voted yesterday. And if you didn't, gear up to start voting in the future. Especially if you're not happy with how the election went. "I didn't feel informed enough to make a decision" is not a viable excuse... it was impossible to not be informed about this election! I already jumped on my soapbox about how voting is part of what makes this country so wonderful, and its such an American thing to do. So I won't go on and on about that. If you didn't vote... no complaining!

Now that the election is over, I have a proposal for those on both sides. If you are a Barack Obama supporter, you must be very excited. Congratulations. Now simmer down and relax. For those of you who voted McCain, the election is over. Its time to get behind President Elect Obama and be Americans. No complaining will change the election, so we all need to be positive and hope that he and all the Democratic Congressmen and women and Senators do a great job, and that this new strategy works to fix the economy, and that we stay safe from all threats, at home and abroad.

Hey, we still have lower gas prices!

God bless America!

No comments: