Friday, August 1, 2008

Roadblock

Last night, I was determined to get work done on at least two projects. I worked on my first craft fair hat, which I'm really not happy with, so there's no pictures. Then I decided to work on Red Sock #2, since I have 3 weeks to get it done, it would be nice to get something done early! I actually hit two road blocks here. Monday night I cast on for this sock, and worked 4 rounds of the K2P2 ribbing. Looking at it last night, I realized I must have twisted my stitches when I joined, or something, because there was a huge gap where the cast on end and the other end connect. Not sure how that happened, I've been knitting socks for 4 months! Anyway, I had to frog those 4 rows, not a big deal, and I started over. About 4 rows in, I came across something that IS a big deal, which is this:

SO not sure how that happened! It was like one minute it was in a big, pretty, orderly ball, next thing you know it looks like a bowl of spaghetti. Ugh. So I'm in the process of trying to unravel that huge knot, which is about the same size as the rest of the yarn. Good thing patience is one of my virtues...

In the midst of all this, my boys did something that happens on occasion. Joey and Octavious, in case you didn't know, were born in the wild in the same litter, and I adopted them when they were about 6 months old. It took them a little while to adapt, and Octavious is still not totally right in the head, but they are quite at home in our house, and they especially love night-time when we are relaxing and watching TV. Usually one sits with each of us and we are one big happy family, but sometimes they pick a spot and sit in the same position, mirroring each other. Its very cute. Last night they did it, and I had to move quickly and smoothly to get the camera, because it made me so happy.



Yes I know the pictures are dark, and you can barely see poor Octavious.
Another thing that cracks me up is the position Joey likes to lay in half of the time. I zoomed in on the best part... and I can't figure out WHY he does this, is it comfortable for him? Does it hurt him to sit any other way? I would think this would be uncomfortable, but he seems to like it...

Not normal, right? He'll sit there for 15 minutes at time with his paw like that! We make fun of him, but he doesn't seem to care...

That's all for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: