Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Better conditions

I ran another road race on Sunday! This past weekend was GORGEOUS weather up here in New England... 50s both days! Sunday my cousin and I ran the Hynes Tavern 5 mile Road Race in Lowell, it was our second year running it together. This race and the one from last week are part of a 3 race series... and I missed the first week! Three weekends in a row, they all start and end at an Irish bar, they are 3, 4, and 5 miles, respectively, and everyone gets a medal at the end! Its so much fun. And, if you get all three medals, they all go together to form one BIG medal, which is an added incentive. This was this year's medal:


How fun is that? I have the hand on the right and the hand/arch/crown/claddagh symbol one in the middle. Missed that one on the left.


So this past Sunday was the last leg of the Wild Rover. I've really enjoyed running these races, both last year and this year. I've learned a couple of things about myself and my running as well... like that I am not even warmed up until around 3 miles. And that I shouldn't open my Goo before I'm actually ready to put it in my mouth, since it is VERY sticky and gets everywhere. I've also figured out that it helps if I look at the race course and its elevations and plan my music around hills, since I really really really hate the hills. Hopefully whatever race I run next I'll be a little more prepared for and shave some time off! I think I just need to get more into my training. Either way, I'm just happy to be running!


No comments: