Monday, June 23, 2008

A very "me" moment...

Do you ever have one of those days where you're super motivated to get everything done that you can possibly think of, and then some? I woke up Saturday morning in one of those moods. Actually I woke up Friday in one of those moods, got tons done, and worked from 2-10. I slept pretty late Saturday but when I was up, I was washing sheets, cleaning, etc. I couldn't cook or bake anything because we had literally NO FOOD in the house, but I put together my food shopping list for the week, and got ready to go. I was also going to get my oil changed, go buy a scale, go to the wine store for some tasting and buying, and then go to the supermarket. I got into my car and took a peek in my purse and saw that I had NO WALLET in there. I had left it at work the night before! I wasn't concerned with the safety of my wallet, I knew it would be ok, but I then became stranded with no food in my house. It was like a desert island. So I kept at my laundry, my knitting, watched almost all of season 6 of Sex and the City on demand... but I was not able to start dinner early. Not able to bake the carrot cake that I wanted to. Not able to get my oil changed, buy my scale, buy WINE. And, Erm was golfing for the day, so he couldn't even come to my rescue! I truly felt like a desperate housewife! Needless to say, he came home, we went food shopping, everything was fine. But... no homemade carrot cake :(

On another note, I have two squares of my sock yarn blanket done! What I'm doing is knitting a square every time I get done with one of the five similar things I have to have done by Sunday. I'm sure that didn't make sense, but I don't want to ruin the surprise. But, here are my two squares! Someday, these will actually be part of a blanket...


No comments: