Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day, a nasty cold, and Game 6!

Hiya! I hope everyone had a great weekend like I did! Sunday I finally got to give my dad his hat that I've been working on for a couple of weeks, one of those projects that I couldn't talk about in case he reads my blog, which I know he doesn't. I can dream that everyone's reading my blog, right?
Anyway, he requested a hat longer than the last one I made him, and with earflaps to cover his ears. My parents have a long driveway that he snowblows in the winter and he never wears the right hats, mittens, scarves, etc. So I'm working on it.
Here is his hat
I apologize for the darkness of this picture... And here he is wearing it
My dad is a very handsome man, I kept telling him to smile to take a normal picture and he refused to. I think he felt silly in the hat. Ha! I bet you didn't know you were going to be on the internet, Dad!

But before we went to my parents' house to give my dad his silly hat, we had lunch with DH to be's family to celebrate three birthdays. DFs neice is seriously one of the funniest kids I have ever met. I know everyone says that, but she kills me every time I see her. On Sunday we were coloring and drawing and I drew a mermaid tail and she decided to finish the drawing. After drawing the blob of the body she started drawing in the other... mermaid parts. When someone asked her what they were, she said "oh that's over her tummy... you know, her thingie things!". She constantly has the ability to bring us all to tears laughing and of course, has no idea why. So cute!
The only thing that put a damper on my weekend, and was the worst on Sunday, was this raging cold I've had since Wednesday. Of course, my late night on Saturday didn't make things better, but I digress. It was so bad that I had to record the Celtics Game 5 on Sunday night because I fell asleep after the first quarter! Although, I guess if there was a game to miss, it was that one.
Tonight is Game 6 and I have a plan of attack! First of all, I'm already feeling better, this cold is on its way OUT! I'm going to go home and make dinner for DH to be, head to the gym, which will energize me, come home and eat my dinner (enchiladas... mmm....) maybe bust out a square for the Sock Yarn Blankie, and hunker down to watch my favorite guys! And for anyone who doesn't know about the Sock Yarn Blankie, you either HAVE to check it out, or you shouldn't. Depends on your level of obsessiveness. Its an entire blankie, made out of mitered squares, that are made out of sock yarn. Made famous (and invented?) by Shelly Kang, The Heathen Housewife. I held off until last night and I couldn't take it any more, I started!
GO CELTICS!!! BEAT LA!!!!




No comments: