Thursday, February 4, 2010

Its going to be a great day...

Happy Thursday!

I left for work early enough today to stop and get coffee/oatmeal at my favorite nation-wide coffee chain. I decided to go in instead of waiting in the looooong drive thru line. After I paid I walked over to wait for my chai and a pleasant girl saw me and said "I like your hat"


And after I thanked her she said "I bet you made it... I saw you at the register and said 'Hey, that's the Amanda Hat'".

You can't imagine how excited I was, as this has never, ever happened to me! So then I commented on her scarf, which was the Prismatic Scarf and she told me she made an Amanda hat to go with it. I told her it also goes well with the Shifting Sands Scarf, as I made a set for my friend, and we chatted about patterns that show off variegated yarns, Ravelympics, and knit groups. Then she grabbed her latte and left.

I love how a hat that took me all of 5 hours to make can spark a conversation between two knitters to make the time waiting for coffee to pass that much quicker. Its going to be a good day!

And here is a better pic of my Amanda Hat:

Pattern: Amanda Hat by Gina House\

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, I believe in Azul Bolita

I made this hat on the train to and from New York from 1/1 to 1/2 of this year. This poor yarn wanted to be the Koolhaas hat so badly, but it was never meant to be... I think it looks great as an Amanda, though :) I am trying to decide what to do with the rest of the skein now, possibly a matching cowl, since as we know, Mmmmmalabrigo is SO soft.

No comments: