Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Excitement and confusuion in knitting land...

First of all… I am only 6 inches of ribbing away from being done with my Coquette Lace Tube Top! As exciting as that is… its more exciting that I tried it on, and it fits! I can’t wait for it to be done. No pictures yet, I don’t want to jinx it.

Secondly, I used the gift card that Erm gave me for Christmas (can you believe that I’ve had it for 6 months and not used it yet?) and went to Knit Pickings and bought the pattern and some of the yarn to start the Great American Afghan. I pretty much copied the colors from the pattern, but they didn’t have the exact colorways, so I matched the best I could. I love them all, especially all together.
Each square measures 12” x 12” and highlights a different technique, stitch, etc. I’m really excited to learn some new things and have a great afghan.

Lastly, I am at a loss. The yarn I bought to finish Erm’s socks is very pretty, but not what I normally buy. It’s a variegated tealish color. I thought I knew what I was going to make with it, but after one pattern repeat, I don’t think I want to do the whole sock in that pattern. The yarn isn’t quite as light as in the picture, but gives a good idea.
I am looking for a cuff-down, non-lace pattern that will look good with this yarn. I’ve been looking since I got it. Its my new quest. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll make something up.

No comments: