Friday, March 19, 2010

No knitting today...

I do have an FO that I can't show just yet.

I have a running FO that I am proud to show off, though! This past Sunday was the final race in the Wild Rover Series that I worked hard to be able to complete. The weather was awful... 40s and rainy. But I reminded myself that I ran in the half-marathon in the same weather, and this was only 5 miles. Honestly... if I hadn't run the previous two races, I may have bailed. Doesn't it look like I'm having fun?



The prize was this 3 piece medal... one piece for each race.


This is what I was training and strengthening my leg for! That last race was only 5 miles... but felt like a huge accomplishment. I was happy just to finish, to be honest. I was even happier to see that I finished two seconds faster than I did last year, and that was in gorgeous weather! The verdict is in, I run better in the rain and the snow! A special THANK YOU to my good friend Shaine and her boyfriend Tommy for braving the rain and coming to meet me at the finish line. Support means so much!

No comments: