Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I could have sworn it was still April...

Okay. I understand that we had a tough winter. I would even go as far as to say I'm excited about summer. But we went from 50s last week to 80s over the weekend. And today is supposed to actually get above 90! And then... back into the seasonal 60s for the rest of the week. I guess I'm just happy its not going to STAY in the 90s, but still... I feel like this gives the good ol' New England Weather new definition!

I am working on a second pair of socks for Erm, which is funny since he still hasn't gotten his first pair. I am going to just bite the bullet and buy more yarn for those. But, while I was on my yarn diet (which I was VERY good about), I needed to use something I already had. This is a sneak peak at Erm's Earl Greys. Yarn is Araucania in a colorway number that I can't remember. Its different greys, and its very pretty. I didn't even buy it with him in mind, but when I pulled it out, I realized it was on the manly side. Pattern is Earl Grey by the Yarn Harlot. I like this pattern because its mostly stockinette, which goes fast... but theres that cute cable pattern that goes up either side, so its just interesting enough.


I'm hoping to get these and his birthday socks from last year done for his birthday this year, which is still over a month away. That also requires a trip to Yarn and Fiber Company for the rest of the yarn to finish last year's socks. We'll see if I get out of there alive.

No comments: