Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I did with my day off

Don't you just love 3 day weekends? I sure do. On top of 3 days off, then you only have a 4 day work week!



A belated Happy Valentine's Day to all. Ours was celebrated at home, our favorite place :) I made individual Beef Wellingtons, some broccoli roasted with parmesean, ceaser salad with dressing from scratch, and pots de creme, which is really just creme brulee without the crusty top. So, its custard. Anyway, it was a night of firsts that I didn't take pictures of because I was caught up in my hunger.


Yesterday (Monday) was dubbed Movie Marathon Monday. We only watched two movies, which for us lately, is a marathon. We saw In Bruges, which my brother lent to us for the scenery. I have to say... odd movie. There were some funny parts, but I just found it odd. It did make me all that much more to go to Bruges, not that I needed much help! Bruges is the second stop on our five city honeymoon in April! We also watched Bottle Shock, which was about Napa's rise to popularity and victory over the French wines at the 1976 "Judgement of Paris". Come to think of it, both movies had to do with our trip. I don't think we even planned it that way...


While I wasn't being lazy, I was busy knitting. I did some work on a sweater for myself, but its just one black and one white stripe at this point, so I won't bore you with a picture. But, I made some serious progress on those socks. I must say, after trying them on, they aren't the Socks That I Hate anymore. They're just the Socks That I Dislike. They fit me absolutely perfectly and I actually can't wait to get them done so I can wear them and start a new pair. I just won't look at the cuff.



I spared you my toes. Also, on the bottom of one of them (just one), I'm getting this cool zig-zag and stripey pooling of the yellow that I'm really excited about. I find pooling fun and interesting and exciting, although I know there are people out there that hate it. With this yarn especially, I've been dying for something to break up the monotony.

I have to share my new favorite thing, and I know its not new, but its new to me. Its called Knitter's Hands, and I bought some for my mom back in December for her birthday. After getting the thumbs up from her, I bought some for myself and I'm hooked. It looks like a bar of soap, but its beexwax and oil and all kinds of stuff and you rub it on your hands and it makes a nice little protective shield agains the wool that likes to suck the moisture right out of them. An added bonus: it makes your WIP smell great!

After all that knitting, I had worked up yet another appetite (see a pattern?) and was dying to use my mixer so I made some peanut butter cookies. My goal is to keep my cookie jar full of fresh and delicious cookies now that I have more time, and this was a great start.




No comments: